Diana Fort, BSc., MD, FRCSC
Clinical Educator Fellow
Dr. Diana Fort is an Emergency physician who works in the Okanagan. She loves teaching at the UBC Southern Medical Program and has worked as the Site Director for Undergraduate Medical Education at Kelowna General Hospital. Diana did her Emergency Medical residency training at the Los Angeles County University of Southern California Medical Center, and the University of Toronto. She completed her medical degree at Queen’s University. Hobbies include skiing, yoga and paddle-boarding.
Fort, D. (2016). Time Efficient Teaching. Master Teacher Lecture Series. UBC Southern Medical Program, Kelowna, BC.
• UBC Department of Family Practice 2016 – 2017 Postgraduate Teaching Award – Okanagan South Site (2017)
• Direct observation of learners for assessment/feedback
• Hidden curriculum
• Time-efficient teaching in the Emergency department
Current Academic Activities
• Teaching with the UBC Southern Medical Program (Kelowna)
• Tutor: Year 1 & 2 Clinical Skills, Year 3 Orientation/TICE, Year 4 PMP
• OSCE Examiner (all years)
• FLEX project supervisor
• Year 3 Simulation Instructor
• Ultrasound and Simulation Instructor, Penticton Family Practice resident training program