Marilyn Champagne, MDCM, FRCPC
Clinical Educator Fellow
Dr. Champagne is a fourth-year part-time clinical educator fellow at the Centre for Health Education Scholarship (CHES). She is also an infant/preschool psychiatrist working at the Early Childhood Mental Health Program at Richmond Hospital and a Clinical Assistant Professor at UBC. She obtained her medical degree at McGill University in 2008. She went on to complete her Psychiatry Residency in 2013, followed by her Child and Adolescent Subspecialty Training, both at University of Ottawa, before running away from the cold winters in 2014 to settle in BC.
- Champagne, M., Wolinsky, T., Lee, A. (2019). Workshop at Richmond’s 2019 Child Care Conference Circles of Caring.
- Creating an Oasis in Your Child Care Program: Best Practices for Working with Children Who Have Experienced Trauma (May 12. 2018). Co-presenter of the 2.5 hr workshop at Richmond City Hall.
- French in Medicine (Reso-Sante) (March 12, 2018). Presented to medical students and francophones from the general public in infant psychiatry, led an activity to get them to practice interviewing parents of young children in French.
- Women’s Health Initiative (Medicine – UBC) (March 8, 2018). Part of a panel of female physicians to discuss issues related to being a woman in medicine.
- Pediatrics Interest Group (Medicine – UBC). (2017) Part of a panel of physicians to discuss various career options in medicine involving working with children.
- Psychiatry Interest Group (Medicine – UBC). (2017) Presented on child psychiatry sub-speciality and infant psychiatry.
- Public Health Nurses (Richmond). (2017) Gave a presentation on early childhood mental health concerns and services available in Richmond.
- Champagne, M. (2016). Early Childhood Mental Health Program. Presentation for child welfare delegation from Japan at Richmond Hospital.
- Physician burnout
- Physicians side gigs, non-clinical careers and early retirement
Current Academic Activities
- Clinical Faculty Representative for the Department of Psychiatry (UBC)
- DSSL – UGE Psychiatry (Richmond)
- Co-facilitator for Fred Bryans Master Teaching cohort (Faculty Development – Medicine)
- Chair of the Richmond Infant Mental Health Journal Club
- PGY5 Psychiatry Medical Education elective supervisor (UBC)
- CBL year 2 tutor
- Clinical preceptor in infant/preschool psychiatry for year 1-4 medical students, year 3-6 psychiatry/child