February 10, 2015
The Association of Canadian Occupational Therapy Regulatory Organizations (ACOTRO) seeks an e-learning specialist to design an on-line learning module that will provide participants with a strong understanding of jurisprudence, standards of practice, and codes of ethics as they relate to the practice of occupational therapy in Canada. The course must also prepare participants for the open-book jurisprudence exam. The winning firm will also provide a mirrored version of the module in French, with all translated content for the French version to be provided by ACOTRO.
Proposals are due by February 23, 2015. Read more about this opportunity here.
February 1, 2015
Congratulations to Dr. Adam Peets, former CHES Junior Scholar, on his appointment as Assistant Dean, Clinical Education, MD Undergraduate Program, effective February 1, 2015 to June 30, 2018.
January 30, 2015
CHES Quarterly Vol 6 Iss 2 is now available here!
In this issue:
- Dr. Laura Nimmon is highlighted in our fifth installment of the Scholar in Highlight section,
- Dr. Brett Schrewe reflects on the impact context has on one’s professional identity,
- an update on the next step for the Cross-Professional Collaborations in Health Professions Education Scholarship initiative,
- information about current career opportunities in health professions education,
- we share news of recent changes at CHES,
- we announce dates for upcoming CHES Research Rounds and the 2015 CHES Celebration of Scholarship,
- and as always, we have our regular features: Visitors; What We’re Talking About; Worth Reading; and Mark Your Calendars!
January 28, 2015
CHES is seeking applications for a postdoctoral fellow in health professions education research with a focus on education assessment and/or program evaluation. This is a one-year funded position, renewable once, which starts on a mutually agreed upon date between July 1 and September 1, 2015. In order to qualify for the fellowship, applicants must have completed a PhD program in education, social sciences, humanities or other relevant discipline at a recognized university by the start date. All eligible applicants will be considered.
The final deadline for applications is March 31, 2015; however, consideration of applications will begin March 15, 2015.
January 26, 2015
The Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position in the field of health professions education research. The Faculty is seeking a PhD researcher with a focus on simulation-based research in health professions education. This position will also come (for a qualified applicant) with a parallel appointment as Director of Research at the University of Ottawa Skills and Simulation Centre. The University of Ottawa is a bilingual institution (French and English); candidates will be required to demonstrate passive knowledge of their second language for tenure. Read more about this opportunity here: English and en français.
Applications will be accepted until February 13, 2015; however, the competition will remain open until the position is filled.