March 27, 2015
Congratulations to Dr. Claudia Ruitenberg, CHES Scholar, on her newest book, Unlocking the World: Education in an Ethic of Hospitality. Her book was celebrated yesterday on Point Grey campus at a launch event hosted by the UBC Department of Educational Studies.
March 2, 2015
Congratulations to CHES postdoctoral fellow, Dr. Laura Nimmon, who has been awarded $6,000 from the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC in the Ensuring Excellence and Professionalism in Professional Practice grant competition that recently concluded. The title of her project is “Negotiating power on the healthcare team: Perspectives from stroke patients”.
February 10, 2015
The Association of Canadian Occupational Therapy Regulatory Organizations (ACOTRO) seeks an e-learning specialist to design an on-line learning module that will provide participants with a strong understanding of jurisprudence, standards of practice, and codes of ethics as they relate to the practice of occupational therapy in Canada. The course must also prepare participants for the open-book jurisprudence exam. The winning firm will also provide a mirrored version of the module in French, with all translated content for the French version to be provided by ACOTRO.
Proposals are due by February 23, 2015. Read more about this opportunity here.
February 1, 2015
Congratulations to Dr. Adam Peets, former CHES Junior Scholar, on his appointment as Assistant Dean, Clinical Education, MD Undergraduate Program, effective February 1, 2015 to June 30, 2018.
January 30, 2015
CHES Quarterly Vol 6 Iss 2 is now available here!
In this issue:
- Dr. Laura Nimmon is highlighted in our fifth installment of the Scholar in Highlight section,
- Dr. Brett Schrewe reflects on the impact context has on one’s professional identity,
- an update on the next step for the Cross-Professional Collaborations in Health Professions Education Scholarship initiative,
- information about current career opportunities in health professions education,
- we share news of recent changes at CHES,
- we announce dates for upcoming CHES Research Rounds and the 2015 CHES Celebration of Scholarship,
- and as always, we have our regular features: Visitors; What We’re Talking About; Worth Reading; and Mark Your Calendars!