September 1, 2015
CHES is pleased to welcome Dr. Ian Scott as the new Director of CHES, effective September 1, 2015!
His appointment follows the leadership of Dr. Joanna Bates who finished her term on June 30, 2015. We would like to thank Dr. Bates
for her incredible dedication and vision since the establishment of CHES in 2008, and are pleased to have her continue at CHES as a
July 31, 2015
CHES Quarterly Vol 6 Iss 4 is now available here!
In this issue:
- Dr. Deborah Butler is highlighted in our Scholar in Highlight section,
- we provide an update on new leadership and faces at CHES,
- Dr. Joanna Bates reflects on her seven years as CHES Director,
- we report on UBC’s strong presence at the 2015 CCME in Vancouver,
- we announce dates for upcoming CHES Research Rounds and details of the annual CHES Celebration of Scholarship,
- and as always, we have our regular features: Visitors; What We’re Talking About; Worth Reading; and Mark Your Calendars!
July 1, 2015
CHES is pleased to congratulate Dr. Laura Nimmon as her postdoctoral fellowship comes to an end and she starts a new faculty appointment as Assistant Professor, UBC Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy and Scientist, CHES.
In addition, Dr. Nimmon is the recipient of The Arthritis Society Young Investigator Salary Award in support of her study entitled, The Power of the Patient: Exploring Patient-Centered Care within Multidisciplinary Inflammatory Arthritis Teams. This peer-reviewed award is only one of two granted in Canada, and is worth a total value of $180,000 disbursed over three years.
June 19, 2015
Abstract submissions are now open for the 2015 CHES Celebration of Scholarship.
Click here for details
May 21, 2015
CHES is pleased to announce that on May 21 former CHES fellow Dr. Roona Sinha successfully defended her master’s thesis, “Lost in transition: Finding a way exploring the experiences of Canadian physicians as they transition to practice “, earning her Master of Health Professions Education from the University of Maastricht in the Netherlands. She is an assistant professor at the University of Saskatchewan and a pediatric hematologist/oncologist at the Royal University Hospital in Saskatoon.