September 10, 2015
The NYU School of Medicine and the NYU Steinhardt School of Culture, Education, and Human Development are seeking to hire a Postdoctoral Research Associate to work on an interdisciplinary team to build a sustainable research program around the preparation of health professionals for safe and high quality practice using state-of-the-art computer and human/mannequin based simulation. This is a rapidly evolving field of educational research with highly significant practice and policy impact both nationally and internationally.
More information can be found here. The posting will remain open until the position has been filled.
September 1, 2015
Dr. Hatala is taking over for Dr. Ravi Sidhu, whom has held the position since 2009, and built a strong foundation for the CEFP and trainees. CHES greatly appreciates Dr. Sidhu’s many years of leadership and is pleased to continue to benefit from his service through his role as a CHES scholar.
On July 24 2015, Dr. Cary Cuncic, former CHES fellow, successfully passed her dissertation, earning her Masters Degree in Medical Education awarded by the University of Dundee. The title of her thesis is “The experiences of preceptors in a community-based longitudinal integrated clerkship”. Dr. Cuncic is a Clinical Instructor in the UBC Department of Medicine and Discipline Site Specific Leader (3rd year, VGH) for the Division of General Internal Medicine.
CHES is pleased to welcome Dr. Ian Scott as the new Director of CHES, effective September 1, 2015!
His appointment follows the leadership of Dr. Joanna Bates who finished her term on June 30, 2015. We would like to thank Dr. Bates
for her incredible dedication and vision since the establishment of CHES in 2008, and are pleased to have her continue at CHES as a
July 31, 2015
CHES Quarterly Vol 6 Iss 4 is now available here!
In this issue:
- Dr. Deborah Butler is highlighted in our Scholar in Highlight section,
- we provide an update on new leadership and faces at CHES,
- Dr. Joanna Bates reflects on her seven years as CHES Director,
- we report on UBC’s strong presence at the 2015 CCME in Vancouver,
- we announce dates for upcoming CHES Research Rounds and details of the annual CHES Celebration of Scholarship,
- and as always, we have our regular features: Visitors; What We’re Talking About; Worth Reading; and Mark Your Calendars!