November 26, 2014
CHES is delighted to announce former CHES fellow Dr. Paris-Ann Ingledew successfully defended her master’s thesis, “Navigating the Internet to improve physician and patient collaboration”, earning her Master of Health Professions Education from the University of Illinois at Chicago. She is currently a clinical assistant professor in the UBC Department of Surgery and a radiation oncologist at the BCAA-Fraser Valley Cancer Centre.
November 25, 2014
The College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC (CPSBC) and CHES are inviting research proposals for small research projects on “Ensuring excellence and professionalism in professional practice.” The proposal submission deadline is January 30, 2015. Click here for more information.
November 20, 2014
The Creating Space V symposium is inviting submissions to participate in its pre-CCME event, taking place in Vancouver on April 24-25, 2015. The proposal submission deadline is January 4, 2015. Click here for more information.
November 3, 2014
CHES Quarterly Vol 6 Iss 1 is now available here!
In this issue:
- Dr. Marion Pearson is highlighted in our fourth instalment of the Scholar in Highlight section,
- we look back on the 2014 CHES Celebration of Scholarship,
- we announce the 2014 CHES Call for applications for our Clinical Educator Fellowship and MHPE-Canada programs,
- Dr. Oscar Casiro reflects on discussion surround Longitudinal Integrated Clerkships at AMEE 2014,
- we look back on our September Journal Club sessions with Dr. Georges Bordage,
- and as always, we have our regular features: Visitors; Research Rounds; What We’re Talking About; Worth Reading; and Mark Your Calendars!
September 4, 2014
Congratulations Dr. Mercedes Chan for being the first UBC graduate of the MHPE-Canada program! Dr. Chan belongs to the first cohort of the MHPE-Canada program, a course delivered by UBC and WU faculty, resulting in a Master of Health Professions Education from Maastricht University. Dr. Chan successfully defended her master’s thesis on Aug 14. She is currently spending the summer working as a Pediatric Rheumatologist at BC Children’s Hospital, after which she’ll begin her position as Assistant Professor, Pediatric Rheumatologist & Clinical Instructor, Department of Pediatrics, University of Alberta.